Wednesday 2 June 2021

Lucky Luxor

 

With the country facing two different routes of either ending the lockdown or going into a second wave of the virus (possibly both at the same time), our potential host Sam erred on the side of caution and so GNN moved back online for another week. I'll be honest, having sampled the joys of real life games, it felt like a real step backwards. But even so, three of us pitched up on Discord for an evening's entertainment.


Me, Ian and Andy arrived and waited for Sam until a text told us he couldn't make it. We fired up Lucky Numbers as a starter. It's a simple blend of draw tile, use or discard tile, until your four by four grid is full. I got lucky with a decent spread of opening numbers, unlike Ian who began with 10, 11, 13 among his tiles.


Andrew 16

Andy 15

Ian 11


After that we played Luxor, which has been seen a couple of times in GNN in cardboard format and was now available in a pixelated version. I got a quick run through of the rules, but it’s pretty straightforward once you understand the card drafting method of only picking from either side of your hand, and replenishing in the middle.


It was fun and enjoyable. It was my first go (and Ian’s too, I think) so we both played pretty similar games, picking up jewelry as we went like we were playing Incan Gold. Andy sent one adventurer off ahead on his own into the central room and then later on he got his second man into the centre to end the game before Ian or I could do it instead.




Andy 63

Andrew 44

Ian 43


Then I had to head off and Ian and Andy finished off with Can’t Stop.


Ian 4

Andy 1


Thanks for the evening. Who knows what kind of world we’ll be in next week?


3 comments:

  1. I make it the third or fourth wave! Fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I never said I wasn't coming. I planned to but life got in the way... I like Luxor! Sweet little thing.

    ReplyDelete