Wednesday 27 May 2020

Info static

Another Tuesday in lockdown, another bandwidth or seven taken up with the various GNN members logging on to Discord for another night's digital fun.

First up was 7 Wonders, with Ian, Martin, Adam T, Andy B and myself (Sam) managing to pass cards around at a rate of knots. Online gaming does have some benefits, and the speed of shuffling and dealing is a definite boon on this game. I confess I didn't really watch what anyone was doing apart from my immediate neighbours, who were Andy and Martin. Andy didn't bother with military, and Martin did but only to the point of scolding me for my aggression. I didn't take a screenshot of the placings, but I claimed a win off a tie-breaker with Andy, courtesy of my love of fist-waving and culture.

As we hit the 8pm mark, there was a flurry of new arrivals in the form of Joe, Andrew, Steve and Anja. Joe and Andrew immediately decamped to play The Crew with Adam and Martin, leaving the rest of us to bemoan the current shitshow that is the UK government for a little bit, before we spent almost as long choosing a game. After some debate we ended up playing Coloretto, the best chameleon set-collection game I know. Andy reappraised us of the rules and before long everyone was cursing their luck in classic GNN fashion.

Over the The Crew, Andrew was doing the same as he had to bow out due to illness. After Coloretto wrapped up...




I hopped over to take his place, playing 2 or 3 abortive missions and - I think - three successful ones. Then I retired to bed, drinking tea and swearing at the news. I'm aware Martin went on to thrash Adam and Joe at Race for the Galaxy before they played Love Letter, but I've no idea about scores or what anyone else ended up playing, making this a fairly erratic entry into the GNN logbook. Sorry about that.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry guys. I retrospect I shouldn't have turned up at all but the temptation was too great. Glad to see the missions went on without me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anja, Steve, Andy and I played Dice Forge, which I rather enjoyed. A sort of drafting game except instead of drafting cards into a hand your upgrading the faces of die. It's naturally a bit luck based but I'm not opposed to that. This was Andy's second go, I'd play it again and Steve said the same (unsure if Anja had an opinion, apologies if I missed it) - but it seemed to go down well.

    I didn't recall the scores, but I won, and I think Andy was second, followed by Steve and Anja? I can't recall to be honest, so please correct me if anyone knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I've played Dice Forge, it's kinda fun.

      Delete